Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Blog!

And the countdown to 15 posts before Friday continues......

I just wanted to let all of you know (and by all, I do mean the two of you) that I have a new blog! Yes, that's right, I'm struggling to make 15 posts a month on this blog, and now I've gone and created another one. Let's find out why!

My main reason was that I wanted to try out Wordpress. And the main reason I wanted to try out Wordpress was that I heard you could make custom headers. Not headers like on Blogger here, but headers that actually fit nicely across the top of your page. So I thought to myself, "Self, let's see what Wordpress has to offer." And I did.

My other reason was because for awhile now I've been entertaining the idea of starting a blog solely based on reviewing things - mainly books and movies, but maybe sometimes music or artwork or something else. What better way to improve your writing and critiquing than by doing it on a (semi-)regular basis?

The end product is now what I like to call Amy's Reviews. Very original title, I know. I'm still messing with the header and theme a bit, but I figure I've been wasting enough time critiquing the page and should put it out there and start critiquing everything else.

Initial reactions to Wordpress: I like Blogger better (whoops, I didn't mean for that to come out so bluntly). Wordpress definitely has its advantages, but Blogger has a lot more options as far as editing the little things on your page (such as text font and colors, widgets, and so on). Wordpress edits a lot like an actual .com page edits (at least the one I have experience with), but if you don't edit any other sort of website, then that doesn't really matter. But I'm still tickled by the fact that I can put a part of a picture at the very top of my page and make it original, at least in that aspect. So I think I'll keep it for now. But I'll probably mess with the aesthetics some more, whenever I have the time and energy. So, if you get the chance, check it out! I have my first review up (Cloverfield, dun dun dunnnn) so go take a look and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment