Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Here's Looking at You, Kid

Thanks to all who voted in my poll! As it turns out, Keith and I will be heading to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon. The choice was a hard one to make - until we factored in those that were booked. I'm very excited - I've never been on a real tropical vacation, so I am looking forward to this tremendously.

Children's Services is having a special Groundhog Day celebration, complete with games and crafts, and, while I won't be there, any of you with kids should attend. Why won't I be there, you ask? Because it is my sixth and final anniversary with my wonderful fiance on this cold date (speaking of which, my avatar is way underdressed for February weather, but I wanted her to look nice). I'm looking forward to a warmer-weathered anniversary. Early February is just too cold to get dressed up and go out. But then again, there will always be a special place in my heart for Feb. 2. :-)

Yes, I know I'm pulling at strings just to have something to blog about.

Here's where the interesting part begins. I'm making up a list of old romantic movies for us to watch Saturday night, and I wouldn't mind some suggestions. So far on the list is:

Casablanca (my all-time favorite)
To Catch a Thief
An American in Paris


So all you classic movie buffs, come on and give me some more ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . there is no movie more romantic than An Affair to Remember. Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Enough said. Get out the tissues . . . the last few scenes are real floodgate openers - "Don't worry, darling, if you can paint, I can walk. Anything can happen, don't you think?" Gulp!

    ReplyDelete