Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why Do They Call It a Bowl, Anyway?

A lot of people are talking about the Super Bowl.

*No, wait. That's a dumb opening statement. Let's try that again.*

I don't care about the Super Bowl this year.

*Much better.*

The only reason I plan to watch it is because a) it's a chance to hang out with my friends and eat junk food without feeling bad about it and b) I want to see the Patriots lose. I'm not even really looking forward to the commercials (has anyone else noticed that they haven't been good ever since the Budweiser frogs disappeared?). Actually, I am looking forward to one commercial that I heard about this morning - it's a Pepsi company commercial played by deaf Pepsi employees, done for a deaf audience - no sounds at all, just sign language and subtitles. So okay, I guess I'll be watching on Sunday for three reasons.

Of course I'll be watching Eli Manning to see if he's any better than his brother (how many interceptions, Peyton?), but other than that I don't really care. I hate the Patriots, so seeing them lose would definitely cheer me up, but really my heart's not in it. Don't get me wrong, I love football.....okay I really like football....but ever since the Colts lost I've just not been all that interested. In fact, I'm still a little bitter. Oh well. There's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment