Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Good News, Everyone!

And now the moment I've been waiting for....

I'm moving home in two weeks!  Some of you probably already knew this, but Keith and I are moving back to our home town and I couldn't be happier.  We've bought a house (closing is on Tuesday!) and will be moving right after his graduation.  There's still lots to be done (anyone want to pack for me?) but I can do it all blissfully, knowing we're moving into a house that's really ours, in a neighborhood we like, near friends and family that we have dearly missed.  Two years doesn't seem like a long time until you start counting down the seasons, then the months, then the weeks, then the days.  Two weeks to go!

I feel like I've been bottling up my excitement because I didn't want to say too much until I put in my notice at work (who knows who reads these things, you know?).  But now I have free license to run, jump, and talk about everything that's happened, happening, and will happen.  My tongue has never felt so free.  I can keep a secret but I don't like to, especially not a big one like this.  Yippee!

In other news, please check out my review of Under the Dome.  It's long, but not nearly as long as the book, so consider it a time-saver!

And don't forget that today is the Blog Hop!  Hop on over to Crazy for Books and check out some other great book blogs!

Ahh, it feels good to be going home.

8 comments:

  1. I'm over from the hop!

    Good luck with your move! We seem to have similar taste and I'd love to follow your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could move back to my home town. I'm an hour and a half away right now. That's so exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped on over on the Blog Hop! Congrats on your move - very exciting! I'll be linking to your blog on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished, "The Help" and I thought it was excellent.
    Kelly Bookend Diaries
    http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Best of luck with the move (I absolutely loathe moving!) but when you're returning to a place you miss, I'm sure it can't be that bad.

    Jennifer @ www.justicejennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying your blog...found it on Friday's Blog Hop. I'll be back to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck! My advice: call your local chain bookstore. Ask to speak with shipping & receiving. Ask if you can come over one day and get a load of their large boxes in good condition. The boxes aren't huge but of course, you don't want to fill huge boxes with books (or you can't lift them). They're fairly sturdy. Much bigger than liquor boxes, don't smell of bananas or have risk of bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Carin! I did call Borders last week and got about 20-25 boxes. We still haven't gone through them all! But I agree that they're sturdy and a great size (and no bugs!).

    ReplyDelete