Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Daddy, I Want Another Pony

I started registering for my wedding recently and I've come to realize that while it is a most enjoyable experience (I love shopping but not spending!) it's still a bit daunting. I mean, for one, I have no idea what brands are good, better, best on anything. Nor do I know what an appropriate price for any object should be. I feel like a lot of the things I've found are rather expensive (which means more than $50). I'm not used to spending (or asking anyone else to spend) that or more on anything for me. Which is probably why I don't have any of these objects and now need to register for them....

I have, however, come up with a brilliant idea. I want to register at a pet store/rescue/shelter/whatever. Not for the accessories that come with the pet, but for the pet itself. Yes, that's right, I want a little scanner gun and I want to go into a room with a whole bunch of animals and just start scanning away. Okay, maybe it's not so brilliant. But you have to admit that image was pretty good.

I also think I've been forgetting a lot of things. For instance, I was told (repeatedly) to register for a fire extinguisher. Practical. Something I never would have thought of. Now I have three on there because I couldn't figure out which one was the best. That actually pretty much sums up my registering experience so far. I have a lot of "oh yeah!" moments where I remember something important, then find several varieties of the same thing and add all of them to the list so that I can research (or, more likely, ask someone else) which is the best one later. Anyone else been through this? Do you have any tips for me? Because I kind of feel like a kid in a candy store, but I don't want that to show, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and cool points to whoever can guess what movie the title quote is from!

3 comments:

  1. I can Google it. But you didn't say there were points for that. (I should have thought about it for three seconds longer - it's not that hard!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no, Googling does not get you any points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding a range of prices is actually great - recommended. That way, people who want to get you $15 towels can, and a group of people who want to go in together to get you a $300 comforter can.

    And don't forget you can Ask a Librarian when you have research questions!

    ReplyDelete