Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Catablu

Keith and I went to Catablu last night, and the entire way home we couldn't shut up about it. Catablu is located on Broadway and I probably would have driven right past it if I had been, in fact, the one driving. Thankfully I wasn't.

From the moment we stepped in, I felt like I was in a classy place. The host was friendly and even checked our coats for us. I don't think I've been in any other restaurant that does that. Catablu was hosting a special that night, one that they say they only do in the off-season. It was a four-course meal (complete with surprises!) for $40. Supposedly, the meal is supposed to touch on every part of your palette, giving you an all-around tasting experience. Well of course I had to try this. I don't remember exactly what everything was and I would in no way do it justice if I tried to describe it. Let me just tell you that everything, everything, I tasted was absolutely delicious. It was the best meal I have ever eaten at a restaurant, hands down. And I've eaten at some really nice places, so don't take that praise lightly. The meats were cooked just right and paired perfectly with their sauces and sides. Oh, and the pineapple martini? Oh my.

I do believe at one point last night I mentioned how I would never be able to go back to "normal" food, like a hamburger and fries. Well, while I may not want to, I definitely will, seeing as how it's Superbowl Sunday and all. :-) Enjoy, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment