Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Did It!


I look pretty happy there at the finish line, don't I?

I finished in 1 hour, 19 seconds. I ran a 12 minute 3 second/mile pace. I was 310th (out of 557).

Click on the picture below so you can really see where I am....there were a lot of people there!


And there I am a little after the start of the race. Look at me go!


I would just like to say that my husband is the greatest. He supported me (even sending me a text message about halfway through to keep me going!) and has been very nice in making sure I have time to relax and care for my poor, bewildered muscles now that the race is over. I love you, sweetheart!

So I did it. I finished my first public race, and I feel incredibly happy and proud of myself. I had a lot of fun today, and now I'm looking forward to resting for the rest of the weekend. :-)

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are an inspiration to all of us. Of course I am still in the glaring at the treadmill for taking up space in my apartment stage, but someday....Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through that phase about every 3 months....I have such a love/hate relationship with running!

    ReplyDelete