Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

So Saturday was my birthday (as if you didn't know - it should be a national holiday) and it was an absolutely wonderful day. I went out the night before with some friends, got up at a reasonable hour without feeling tired at all (which is pretty fantastic in and of itself), took Lizzie to the dog park where I just enjoyed watching her smiley face race around, and then promptly gave her a bath when we got home (she loves the kiddie pools and doesn't mind the mud around them). Then I spent the afternoon making my first ever strawberry shortcake:


It wasn't perfect, but it tasted great. It turns out I need some practice cutting the shortcake in half (when I make the top and bottom layers) so it doesn't fall apart.

Later in the day my parents drove down and took me out to dinner (it was delicious) and then my mom and I went to see Wicked.....I can't even begin to tell you how amazing that show was. I want to go again. Now. I was a bit apprehensive that the main actresses who play Elphaba and Galinda wouldn't come close to Idina Mendez and Kristin Chenoweth, but I've gotta say, they were both fantastic. And I loved how the woman who played Galinda did a lot of the same quirky things Kristin does, so it made it just that much more special for me.

All in all, a great day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment