Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who Wants to Read the Classics With Me?

One of my goals for this year was to read a few of the classics in literature that I had been putting off.  Top of my list is The Arabian Nights, The Canterbury Tales, The Divine Comedy, and Jane Eyre.  These have all been on my TBR list for awhile, and I happen to have all but Jane Eyre in my possession at this moment.

My question for you: Would anyone be interested in doing a read-a-long for any of these books?  Not only would it be motivation for finally finishing these must-reads, but it's always more fun to read with friends!  Let me know what you think in the comments, and hopefully we'll get something worked out.

**There's a poll in the sidebar where you can vote for which book you'd like to read with me!**

5 comments:

  1. I've actually challenged myself to read more classics this year:

    http://mommablogsalot.com/2010/12/eleven-classics-in-2011-momma-challenges-herself-to-read-the-classics/

    I'd definitely read along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm excited that you're reading more classics this year, too! You've got a great list of classics to read; any preference of which of mine you'd most like to read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually been wanting to reread Jane Eyre, but kind of feel I need a push to do it. I'd be up for doing that read-a-long with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in on a readalong as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in and I voted. I voted for Jane Eyre and The Canterbury Tales. I have been thinking a little about The Canterbury Tales, and maybe this is why.

    ReplyDelete