Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello, Monday

Well, I hope all of your weekends were good - mine passed very nicely. I did two of the three things I originally intended to do, and then accomplished a few more. I baked my very first apple pie (and then a second one with left over ingredients) and I must say it was a lot easier than I had anticipated, especially with Keith manning the apple corer peeler slicer. Yes, you read that right.

We also used our fire pit for the second time, and it was a perfect night for it. Hot dogs have never tasted so good. Good food, good friends, good times.

I didn't search for my Halloween costume, but that's okay. I doubt there's really going to be a mad rush for the penguin costumes.

I'm still desperately trying to catch up with my reading list, and I am slowly but surely making my way through it. I just hope it's fast enough to finish Dracula before it's due back at the libarary! I'm so excited that October is almost here. I have big plans for taking pictures of Lizzie in her Halloween costume and posting them all over the place, and decorating the house. I do not have nearly enough Halloween decorations (which I know certain people will disagree with) but I have enough to get into the spirit of things.

Has anyone seen the movie Once? A coworker is lending it to me in exchange for my copy of Love and Basketball and I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen it. Supposedly it's good. I guess I'll have to let you know. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I personally can't believe that you don't have enough Halloween decorations! I just checked my supply of Fall earrings, etc and found I have next to nothing, so I'll be shopping soon.

    I had planned to get my decorations out last weekend, but that didn't work out - they are in "deep" storage.

    Ya know - I was thinking about using my apple peeler corer slicer this fall, but now that you mention it, I think that's farther away than my Halloween decorations! Maybe at your house! Oh well! I'm glad your pie turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that yours? Hm, I thought Grandma gave it to me. It was awhile ago; I don't really remember.

    I think I'm going to have to evaluate the amount of decorations. Maybe I have more than I thought. Then again, I know I'm missing a few things since the last couple of moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Is it a Pampered Chef apple peeler corer slicer? Anyway, I never used it.

    I thought that I had given you some glass pumpkin shaped tealight holders, but I found that I didn't. If you're here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I saw Once a couple months ago. :) The music's fantastic. The plot is a little on the minimalist side, but I was pleased that it didn't follow my expectations or fall into cliches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Pampered Chef. Hm, must have been yours. Well, thanks! We'll be up in about 2 weekends so if you want to save the tealight holders until then. :-)

    Thanks, Cuileann! I hope I get a chance to watch it soon, seeing as how it's borrowed and all. But I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete