Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

A Random Update and a Small Review of Twilight

I really should blog more. It's not like I do anything. But the problem is, whenever I remember that I should blog, I have nothing important or interesting to say (take right now for example) but when that magic moment finally comes and I have the greatest idea ever for a blog post....there's no computer in sight. Which is rare, I might add.

Okay, so I know with all the posting and ranting and raving about Twilight around here you're all expecting me to review the movie. And I want to. But I don't. And here's why. Are you ready for me to stop with the short sentences? Okay. I didn't like it. And I don't want to ruin anyone else's perception of it through my negativity. So while I really (really) want to tell you how much this movie made me want to immediately enroll in film school and become a director so that I could re-make it, I won't. At least not in any great detail. Because I know that nothing ruins something you love more than someone else hating on it. So I'll stick to at least one good thing that I got out of the movie: Charlie's character was absolutely nailed. Billy Burke did an absolutely wonderful job of capturing all that is Charlie. He wasn't the only one that was good, but he was the best. And the others that were good (Rosalie and Esme, along with a few more) did not have, unfortunately, bigger roles. And I'll stop there so as to keep my negative comments to myself. Although I will say that now that I know what it's like, I could probably watch it again and be less disappointed. So that's a plus.

Moving on....only a three day work week this week! And then I get to be home for a few days and thoroughly enjoy myself (while not stuffing myself because, you see, I'm trying to take better care of yours truly) but it should be a fun-filled weekend, and hopefully also rather restful. I slept A LOT this past weekend, and it was beautiful. I can't remember the last time I slept that much. And, for those of you who are getting into the Christmas spirit already, there are only 30 more days until the big one! I can't wait to put up our tree (as soon as it's after Thanksgiving, of course) and put lights up in our house and just generally make the whole place a little more home-y and cozy. Oh! And Christmas songs! Yes, it's going to be a glorious December.

3 comments:

  1. Amy I am sorry to hear you didn't like the movie. Maybe go to it again with a girlfriend after a couple of drinks and your perspective will change:) At least you can always re-read the books and envision the story the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I liked it, except for one thing. I thought it was pretty much true to the book (a good thing - that wasn't what I didn't like) But I don't really get into the compare and contrast and evaluate thing. I was looking forward to the movie, and I didn't have a lot invested in it, so I just sat back and was entertained. I'd see it again - if we have time this weekend Amy. And I like Sarah's idea of having a drink or two on the way in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like that idea! I do want to try it out again, and I think a couple of drinks first will be just the thing....anyone have a flask I can borrow for during the movie?? Just kidding. :-)

    What was the one thing you didn't like?

    Re-reading will, eventually, happen yet again. I can't explain it, but I'm completely addicted to these books.

    ReplyDelete