Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I am very content right now, bringing in the new year with my new husband and new puppy in our new house, looking forward to the future. :-) Really, I have nothing to complain about.

Welcome to another year of this blog - let's make it a good one! While I didn't make any real resolutions, and I'm not promising to write a whole lot more than I did last year, I think I'm going to focus on the quality of my posts this year.

The only thing I really said I was going to do this year was watch all of Johnny Depp's movies. After a recount, I think that's 35 movies in 12 months. Who knows if I'll actually make it through, but at least I have a goal and at least it's something entertaining.

I don't want to make any resolutions about weight or working out or being healthy. I think too many people make it a resolution to become better in that department and almost always fail, because it's not something you can just say you're going to do. I'm finding out that it really is a mindset (I always knew this, but somehow it never really sunk in). I'm more aware of what my body needs, and I'm also more willing to do what I should be doing to become healthy. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to make the right decision every time, and I'm okay with that. Just the fact that I want to start taking better care of myself is the reason I think I don't need to make it a resolution in order to "make" myself do it. I want to, and that's enough for now.

Did any of you make resolutions? What are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment