Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Aaaaaand Back!

We've officially moved!  We're getting unpacked and settled in and absolutely loving being home.  I would've posted last week, but I got sick (of course) at the beginning of the week.  But now I'm feeling better and really enjoying life.  Here's what's been going on:

I bought and planted my first garden items for the raised beds in our backyard (shade-loving things like hostas and bleeding hearts).  I have never liked yard work, but there's something about beautifying your own backyard that makes it worth it.

We scored a fire pit at the association garage sale.  S'mores are sure to follow!


I'll be starting my new job today (even if it is just an extension of my old job).  As much as I like taking time off, money is an essential part of life.

I went for one of my first runs in our new neighborhood yesterday.  I'm considering participating in our city's 3rd annual half-marathon in September, but I have to gauge whether or not that's a stupid idea first.

We bought our first "real" furniture.  Everything we have is either hand-me-down or cheap, but since we're finally settled (ee!) and adults (eeeee!) we thought we should get some real, adult furniture.  So we bought a very comfy, sink-into-it chair with matching ottoman and two 72" solid oak bookcases.  We should have the chair by mid-week and the bookcases sometime next week.  Oh yes, there will be pictures of my new reading area.

Speaking of reading areas, I have not read a single thing all week.  You'd think being sick would be the perfect time to lounge in bed and read, but when I get sick my eyes burn so there's no point in even trying.  This week, however, and especially when we have the reading area all set up, I will be finishing Critical Care, diving back into The Help (I bought it because I wasn't waiting for the library hold list again!), then Water for Elephants and A Homemade Life.  In essence, everything I've been saying I'll read but not getting around to.

I hope you all had a great week and the current one turns out beautifully!  Don't forget to head on over to Sheila's blog to find out what other book bloggers are reading this week!

6 comments:

  1. Moving is such a drag, but when it is all over it is a great feeling too. Can't wait to see the pictures of the reading area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Monday!

    My What are you reading? is here.

    Happy Monday. Congrats on completing the move! Now for some reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your whole post is fun! Love the new home, the garden, fire pit is awesome and you are running in your neighborhood? That is so cool!

    You will love The Help and Water For Elephants - both really good choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is so stressful....but so exciting. It sounds like you are enjoying every minute of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed. Where is the reading area?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow busy woman! It sounds like you have been a busy little bee. And I know exactly how that goes. I am currently in bed sick and my boyfriend and I are moving in together this summer. He's already started moving and it is HECTIC! Happy reading in your new reading area, which sounds so comfortable. Can't wait to hear more from you.

    Jennifer @ www.justicejennifer.com

    ReplyDelete