Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick Hello

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! While I don't have the energy to do a full post today, I did want to mention a few new things going on in my life that I've been neglecting to tell you about.

First, I started a book club in my home town with some of my former library co-workers. We've had one meeting so far and talked about The Help by Kathryn Stockett (amazing, by the way).  I made caramel cake and we had Cokes (in the bottle, no less) and we had a wonderful time.  I can't wait to spend an evening with these ladies every month!

Secondly, I've just signed up for my very first French class.  I've always wanted to learn how to speak French, but never took formal classes.  Well, now that I've graduated college, I figure it's time to do something I've always wanted to do.  So I signed up for a continuing education course and I start on Tuesday!  I'm incredibly excited, but also a little nervous.  I don't know if I can make the proper French noises in the back of my throat.

And finally, I'm going to take Lizzie to my mother-in-law's dog training classes starting in mid-September.  Lizzie had puppy obedience classes, but she's 2 now and could use more formal training.  I eventually want her to be a therapy dog and take her to the library so kids can read to her.  I think she has the temperament for it, but she's got a long way to go.  First step is the adult training class!

So that's a brief update on my life.  I hope to go into these or other topics more in-depth soon (and start posting some book reviews again)!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of brushing up on my French as well this fall -- I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete