Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

The People Have Spoken

My first Read-Along will be: Jane Eyre!  Thank you for voting and commenting that you'd like to join in.  Now, since I've never hosted a read-along before (and Google has surprisingly few results on how to host one), I'm asking for any tips you guys might be able to share, or any ideas you have on how you'd like this conducted.  I want to make sure everyone participating has ample time to read each section before I post a review of it, and then we can all discuss our thoughts in the comments.

There are 38 chapters, and from an initial and very brief look-see they appear to be rather short.  My mass market paperback edition is 493 pages.

I was thinking about 10 chapters per week, which in my version would be 96 pages the first week, which I feel is more than do-able.  This would take just about 4 weeks to complete the read-along.  Is that fair for everyone?  Does that seem too long or too short?

I'll wait to get some feedback from you guys and then plan the official start date for this Friday, February 18, with the first review post slated for Friday, February 25.

Can't wait to get started! I'm so grateful and excited for everyone that decides to join in!

6 comments:

  1. I'm hosting a Jane Eyre read-along beginning in March, but if I weren't I would so join. For mine, I'm allotting two weeks for 100 pages (but that is because I'm a slow reader). Although, I think 100 pages a week is also a great way to go. Good luck with your first read-along, I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! And I think 90-100 pages per week is doable. I'm looking forward to hanging out with Jane again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney - good luck with your read-along as well!

    Alita - Yay! Thanks for joining!

    And both of you, thank you for your input! I'm really looking forward to not only hosting, but finally reading Jane Eyre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try to read along. I have it on my Kindle, so I'm all ready to go. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane Eyre is a wonderful book - enjoy!

    PS: I'm new to your blog and I must say I love the name :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimi - Yay!

    Nymeth - Welcome! And thank you very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete