Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Revamp and Some News

I'm revamping my blog.

Things might be a little rough at first, especially as I really try to find my niche and not lose the one I've already cultivated, and because of the fact that I feel like I've sort of lost my writing edge, but I hope to push through it.

First things first, a lot of life changes are taking place in my neck of the woods, and hence the revamp.

As you may remember, I had a miscarriage last October. It devastated me and ever since then I have been, not exactly different, but perhaps more reserved. I've had trouble concentrating, hence a lack of reading and posting.

Now, however, I have good news! I'm pregnant, and I've just crossed the threshold of my second trimester!

Of course, I'm still finding it hard to concentrate (people seriously weren't kidding about the infamous pregnancy brain) but I'm doing much better and my husband and I are very excited.

So what I'd like to do with the blog is make it a bit more personal. I want to keep the book and cooking reviews, although for now they may be a bit sparse. And, so the blog doesn't go silent in the meantime, I'll keep you posted on the pregnancy and all the fun stuff that comes with that. Hopefully by starting to write more frequently I'll be able to get back into the groove of things.

So anyway, what's new with you?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the pregnancy! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You will love posting about your pregnancy and, subsequently, documenting all of the baby's milestones and every day life. I love doing that for my girls. One day I hope to make books out of the blog posts so that they can read them when they are older. Maybe they won't think I was such a terrible mother if they see all of the fun stuff we did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of making your blog more personal. While I love reading about books, I also happen to love reading about people! And I love babies so congrats on pregnancy news! I'll be eagerly awaiting your posts!

    ReplyDelete