Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Favorite Movie

You've Got Mail is one of my favorite movies.

It represents a love for reading, a simpler time in which the internet was popular but not all-consuming, and a fairy-tale romance. Not to mention the gorgeous New York scenery, witty dialogue, and the dynamic duo of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Really, what's not to love?

I can sit and watch it intently or just have it on in the background, and somehow the world seems brighter when it's on. And now that you all think I've lost my mind, I'll stop, sit back, and enjoy my movie. :-)

3 comments:

  1. "...a simpler time in which the internet was popular but not all-consuming."

    I can hardly remember a time like that.

    I love this movie, but it's been far too long since I've watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are amazing. I too have watched this movie way too many times. But each time I watch it, I can't help wishing that I could slip into it: like transport myself to that exact time and place. But since I can't, I guess I will just have to sit back and soak it in as many times as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite movies! I have watched it more times than I can count! It was also the movie me and my husband saw on our very first date. :-)
    I agree, it does seem to make everything brighter when it's on, and Jennifer, I would also like to somehow slip into the movie!
    I wish they would make more movies together, they have such wonderful chemistry together!

    ReplyDelete