Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Great Gone With the Wind Readalong



Guys, guys, have you heard?? Erin, at The Heroine's Bookshelf, is hosting The Great Gone With the Wind Readalong! I read GWTW many years ago and it has been my favorite book ever since. I've always wanted to re-read it, but could never finish it again. So, I've decided to join the readalong!

Erin's got a schedule for the discussions, starting August 1 and ending October 17.

From her "How It Works" section:

To participate, just tell me you plan to read along in the comments below.  Then procure a copy of the classic and start reading.  We’ll meet here on the blog on the following schedule to discuss the book in parts.  I’ll summarize each part and include historical background and fun ways to approach the book as a conversation-starter…then we’ll discuss in the comments.  And I’ll be giving away GWTW-inspired prizes to make this summer read even juicier!

Doesn't that sound awesome? This sounds like the perfect way to read a hefty classic in manageable chunks and have a ton of fun with other bloggers! I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Thanks for posting about this readalong. I'm off to sign up now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! I rereading GWTW last year and while I didn't bawl my eyes out like I remember from my teens and early 20s, it was still awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney, I'm so excited you'll be doing it, too! I tried to comment on your post about it but had issues so I figured I'd just let you know here. :-)

    ReplyDelete