Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Read-a-Thon End of Event Meme

I had a great time participating in the read-a-thon; I'm so happy I signed up! Here are my responses to the end of event meme.


  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably hour 14. I was in a lot of pregnancy-related discomfort, and I was getting very sleepy. Walking on the treadmill for a bit helped, but overall I was just too tired to really continue.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Well, the only book I finished was The Raising, but that one kept my attention for many hours. I didn't even want to start another book I was so intrigued.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Um, that fact that I finished my book? Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. Since this was my first read-a-thon, I don't really have anything to compare it to.
  5. How many books did you read?  I finished one and read parts of two others.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? I finished The Raising, and listened to my audio book of Born to Run while I walked, and started Love at First Bark (which was going really well but I was exhausted).
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Raising, probably just because I was really interested in the mystery. I've already read Born to Run, so I already know I love that one.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? None of them. I enjoyed all three, I just ran out of steam.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely be participating if it's feasible. I would love to stay up for the full 24 hours, but I'm not going to kid myself. I'll probably just be a reader next year. I really liked the opportunity to catch up on some reading without any restrictions or other obligations.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to join and that you had a fun day! I always find mid-afternoon/early-evening the hardest, because my body is like 'what? we're still sitting?'. I probably should have gotten up and worked out or something (treadmill was a great idea!) but by the time I thought of that I had moved on to the wine and was okay with sitting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the wine would have been nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I was amazed at the number of books some people got through.

    Hope you take part again next time. I will come and cheer....

    ReplyDelete