Saturday, October 22, 2011
Read-a-Thon Mid-Event Survey
Well I've made it half way! Reading with this one curled up next to me is definitely a good way to spend the day. :-)
Here are my answers to the survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
I've just finished The Raising, so now I'm starting a few books to see which catches my attention the most. At the moment, it's Scones and Sensibility, by Lindsay Eland. Definitely in need of some YA right now.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just one, but it was the only one I was hoping to finish today, so I'm happy.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Anything that grabs me. I'm flexible!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope. Nothing was planned to begin with.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
A few. But actually, they were nice ways to break up the day when I really needed it.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much I've read in one day, how many things there are to do other than read, and how tired I am already!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Do what everyone tells you to do and pick shorter books. With pictures! And also buy more junk food.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes. Part of it I'm blaming on the pregnancy, but it's amazing how tiring sitting and reading all day can be. ;-)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Ha, if anything, I should be taking tips from everyone else.