Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Gift to Emily

A few weeks ago I asked Cori of Let's Eat Grandpa if she could make a quilt that vaguely resembled the I Spy quilt I first spied (heh) here on Anything Pretty. Emily was starting to point and really take an interest in the objects around her, and I loved the idea of having a quilt we could sit on while we talked about the different pictures (and of course wrap her up in, too). Cori said she could do it and I gave her the go-ahead, with only a few instructions (gender-neutral, lots of different pictures, done in time for Christmas if at all possible).

It was so fun watching the progress on Twitter and Instagram, and I was so excited you would've thought this present was for me. Cori gave me a few options for the background fabric, and after I picked one that would go with her nursery theme (jungle) she was off!

It came the week before Christmas and was even better than I had imagined. The pictures on her blog don't do it justice.

I had a hard time waiting until Christmas, but the day finally arrived and I gave Emily the gift I was most excited for her to get this year.






Emily, my husband, and I love this quilt. We couldn't be happier with it, and we want to thank Cori, as well as the other women who helped Cori get the fabrics she needed, making this a feasible, affordable gift. Thank you all!

If you have a minute, maybe stop by her Etsy shop. The girl's awesome with a sewing machine.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, you're so sweet! I absolutely loved making it for her -- so much fun working with all those fabrics. I hope you guys have many happy hours finding all the little animals and such! Merry Christmas Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I would love to have one for E!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Talk to Cori (@letseatgrandpa) she did such a good job and it was affordable. :-)

      Delete