Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

And the Winner Is....

Sorry that this isn't the most breaking news, but I thought there might still be a few of you who hadn't heard the good news: Blu-ray technology has defeated HD in the format war. Yes, I really care about this.

As reported several days ago, Toshiba announced it is going to stop making HD DVDs, essentially getting on hands and knees to allow Sony's Blu-rays to march triumphantly across the world. If you haven't been paying attention, you might not know that this battle has been ongoing for awhile now, and it's been at the forefront of every high-definition movie lover's mind. Should you buy the cheaper HD DVD player, or splurge and go for the higher-quality Blu-ray? I'm so proud right now, that people all over the world have chosen quality over cost. And really, Blu-ray isn't even that much more expensive than HD. Not to mention that my PS3 plays Blu-rays only.....Sony's win is a BIG plus for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment