Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Winner - wait, didn't I already use this title?

Anyone see the Oscars last night? According to Nielson's preliminary ratings, this was the least-watched ceremony ever. I caught the last quarter of it, but I liked what I saw (then again, it was in HD, so I was bound to like it no matter what). I do wish I had seen the Wii tennis match; I only knew I missed it when the clips were playing at the end.

As for how the stars looked - I was a bit bored. Did every woman wear a mermaid dress and a solid color?

To be honest, I didn't see most of this year's nominees. There are a lot that I want to see, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. So I couldn't tell you if there was a big upset (I doubt it) or if a particular movie got left out. All in all, seeing as how I didn't do enough research to be able to intelligently discuss the nominees, and since I only saw the last bit of it anyway, I can't really comment too much on the Oscars. But can you?

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I was very bored with the show . . . and I LOVE the Academy Awards. This is usually a big night for me. The sofa and I do some serious bonding over the three plus hours it takes to hand out the awards. I am disappointed that violent movies have taken the top honor for the past two or three years. Wouldn't it be great to have a nice movie win next year? Yes, it would.

    ReplyDelete