Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Wonderland

You know those pictures you see next to news articles from Wisconsin or someplace during a winter storm/blizzard? It looks like that outside my window (and all along my extended-by-25-minutes commute home). We have small, heavy flakes that are falling fast and dense. And you know what? I love it! Not the commute part, of course, but the looking at it part. Even the commute really didn't bother me. Anyway, I don't know how much snow we'll actually get, but I hope it goes all night.

And here's something I learned recently: brown sugar is very important in chocolate chip cookies. You can't substitute it with, say, white sugar. Unless, of course, you're going for the chocolate chip pie crust look. Even though my cookies were completely flat, they weren't burnt and they tasted just the same, so it was more of a learning experience than a failure in the kitchen.

As I was sitting here, I was thinking about how this snow is a perfect picture opportunity, and I just happen to have a camera that I haven't used in awhile. So, without further ado, here is an amateur photograph of a close up of the tree in our front yard. You can see the snow (the blurry white spots) and I liked this one best because you could really see the redness of the berries on the tree.


And just for fun, here's one of Lizzie looking out the window at the snow and traffic. Sorry it's a bit dark.

Now I'm going to get a snack and, if Lizzie is gracious enough to allow it, I'm going to find my instruction manual and learn how to work this thing manually so I can get some better snow shots. (I can hear my dad in the back of my head saying, "Why didn't you do that first?")

P.S. Of course the snow becomes lighter as soon as I said that I wanted to get better pictures of it. But, I did manage to get this, which is looking out of our back window.


P.P.S. You may have to click on the images to get them big enough so you can see the falling snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment