Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 2010!

Hm. It's 2010 and I haven't posted yet.  That's gotta change!

Let's see how I'm doing, or how I think I'll do, with my resolutions.

I want to read at least 50 books this year.  So far, I'm halfway through Life of Pi, and I have one hold waiting for me at the library and one other book being shipped to me (and it should be here Friday!).  All three are books I put on my list of "Books I Absolutely Have to Read This Year." (Did I not tell you about that list?  How silly of me.  Remind me to do so.)  I'm going to be swamped with books pretty soon.  I love it.

Let's see.  I also wanted to learn how to cook/bake more complex things.  So far this year I've cut my finger with a very sharp, very big knife while slicing an apple.  Not a good start.  My finger really hurts, and it's a good thing I recently restocked the Band-Aids.

I haven't found a book challenge yet, but I plan on doing Fall Into Reading again, and I heard Katrina also hosts a challenge for the Spring, so I think I'll have that covered.

And finally, I wanted to be healthier.  Well, I'm playing volleyball again, so I'll at least have that going for me through mid-March.  And the last few nights Keith and I have been doing really well on portion sizes, which is huge for me.

So far, so good.

3 comments:

  1. You should check out the Busy Bookwork Challenge (http://www.busybookwormreviews.com/2010/01/2010-busy-bookworm-challenge-lets-get.html) Basically it's a challenge to get through your must reads sometime during 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you playing volleyball?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nicole! That's a great idea.

    Mom - Ashley Johnson lives here now, too, and there's a sports complex near my house where she has a team. So I joined up.

    ReplyDelete