Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

What I'm Not Reading and a Little Update

It's a sad day, folks.  I've returned all of my library books, including The Help, because let's be honest: I'm not going to finish it before we move next weekend.  I did, however, place it on hold at the library in my new town, so I will hopefully have another copy soon (after 99 other people have read it - yikes!).

Other than my loss of library books, though, it's not a sad day at all!  I'm in my last week of work and then Friday family is coming into town, Saturday is Keith's graduation, and Sunday is Moving Day!

Keith and I spent the weekend at our new house, getting the feel for it and doing some basic maintenance.  Our first night there we had a terrible thunderstorm (skylights are loud, by the way) so poor Lizzie was not only stressed by the new environment but couldn't get comfortable due to the storm, either.  By the second night, though, she slept like a baby and was chipper and ornery the next morning as usual.  I worked in the yard yesterday, raking up 13 years of old mulch and planting grass seed so we could reclaim part of the yard.  Let's just say I'm a bit sore today, but there's something about working on your own yard and sculpting it so it's just how you want it that's incredibly satisfying.

So, obviously there hasn't been much reading going on, and what little there was has been stopped by the return of The Help.  I do really need to start on Critical Care, by Theresa Brown, though, since I won it through the Early Reviewers program on LibraryThing.  We'll see if I get to it!


Don't forget to head over to Sheila's blog to see what others are reading this week!

1 comment:

  1. What a busy time for you! I returned a pile of unread library books myself this week. It sucks, but I too ran out of time.

    Hope your move is a great success! Look forward to hearing more about it :)

    ReplyDelete