Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Morning

I am not a morning person. I like morning, and I actually like being awake for things like the sunrise, but trying to get up in order to take part is like wrestling with a grizzly bear.

I love my dog for many reasons, and one of the best things about her is that she's not a morning person, either. Take this morning, for example:

My husband got up at his normal time (around 6:00 or some other hour I shouldn't see this side of). I'm a light sleeper so I always wake up when he does, but I get to fall back asleep for awhile. I try not to rub this in. Anyway, this morning I was unable to easily fall back asleep so I (grumpily) decided to get up and deal with it. I went in the bathroom to wash my face while my husband was taking a shower, and we were talking. A minute or so into the conversation my dog starts barking on the other side of the door. I look out, and she's laying on the bed completely spread out and comfy, but with her head raised looking at me as if to say, "Would you guys keep it down? I'm trying to sleep here!"

When I went downstairs to make breakfast, she didn't follow right away. When she did come down it was with her ears back and tail down in a very submissive, sleepy gesture that meant, "What are you doing down here? Don't you know what time it is?"

I hope the rest of you are getting enough sleep today but if not, at least it's Friday! And weekends were made for sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment