Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November is Now Finish It Up Month!

November is a popular month. There's NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo, and then there's the definite feeling of fall/oncoming winter, Thanksgiving, and getting out scarves, hats, and mittens. There's fires and hot chocolate (and pumpkin spice lattes), and a general cozy feeling that settles around you.

November has all the wonderful potential of what fall and winter can bring, before we get sick of gray snow, sleeting rain, and just being too cold.

This November, I'm not doing the busy-ness, but I'm definitely doing the coziness. No NaNoWriMo, and (especially since I didn't start yesterday) no NaBloPoMo. BUT. Cori, over at Let's Eat Grandpa -- wait, do you know her? Because you should. Go on over and say hi. I'll wait.

Alright. Now Cori is using November to finish up her massive stack of unfinished books that's just waiting to crush her should it topple off the nightstand. Well, I can relate. I've hit a bit of a reading slump and can't seem to really get into a single book, so I continually start new ones but don't want to give up yet on the old. So the pile gets bigger. And bigger. Remember that picture from my Read-a-thon stack? Yeah, my nightstand still looks like that, if not worse. And it's not nearly as well-organized.

Since I have no idea how much time I'll have to read in December (my due date is the 27th), I think November is a great time to try to finish as many books in my physical TBR stack as possible. Granted, this doesn't mean I won't find new books at the library, but I at least want to finish those that I feel a strong need to read before the baby comes. Here's my list:

Poser: My Life in 23 Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer - page 51/330
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer  - page 113/326
Babyproofing Your Marriage by Stacie Cockrell - page 0/273
Inside of a Dog by Alexandra Horowitz - page 0/301

Okay, there are a ton more on my list (including more I've already started), but these four are must-reads before baby comes. The first because it's been on my list forever and I'm currently reading it, the second is for book club, the third is obvious, and the fourth is because the more I know about my dog and her brain before this huge life transition, the better. Anything else read this month will be the cherry on top.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Excited to see what you get through this month :)

    ReplyDelete