Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

52 Itty Bitty Little Changes

I've been feeling stuck lately. There are so many things I want to do or start. I keep seeing some great reading challenges I'd like to join, but then I remember that come March I'm not going to have the motivation or time to keep up with reading. Or really anything for that matter. Like housework. Man, that second trimester was awesome for housework. I was a nesting machine. I'm only a couple of weeks into the third trimester and all the normal day-to-day work is slipping away from me.

I'd love to get thin again, but I'm going to have to wait until, oh, I don't know, next year? Let's be honest. It's going to be a long time before I can really focus on losing this weight. So, in the meantime, I'm trying to content myself with making small changes that will have an impact on my overall health. Lucky for me Amazon had the same idea, and I was able to purchase the Kindle version of 52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You for dirt cheap. Even now it's still cheap ($3.99 at time of posting).

13034840

So far I'm still on week 1: drink more water. I'm...not terrible at it? I was barely drinking any before so I've upped it and I'm trying to track how much I drink with an app for my phone. I'm not being strict about it, since anything is better than the nothing I was drinking.

I guess my whole theory is that while I can't commit to making any huge proclamations or changes this year, I can at least try to make some small ones. And maybe, if I can keep it up, these small changes will turn into a larger change and it won't feel like I've really done much at all.

If you want to, I'd love for you to join me! Things like this are always more fun with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment