Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Currently

I've seen this kind of post a few places in the blogosphere recently, but most recently by Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness. Thanks for the great idea, Kim! I'm hoping it will get me blogging more often.

Where I am: Sitting on the loveseat at 7 pm. But very, very close to heading to bed (so. tired.).

Listening to: The sounds of domestic life: the dishwasher running, my husband on the phone with his dad, intermittent crying as Em tries to settle down to sleep.

Drinking: Strawberry infused water. I bought this...does anyone know how long I can leave the fruit in there if I keep the pitcher in the fridge?

Eating: Homemade doughnuts. It was way too snowy and windy this morning to go out for our semi-regular Sunday Morning Doughnuts, so we decided to make them ourselves. They were delicious, and I loved the family time (and watching Em eat a teaspoonful of flour - ha!). However, I think I'm going on a detox tomorrow and eating nothing but fruit (at least this sounds like a good idea). I've definitely had way too much sugar today.



Reading: NurtureShock by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman. This book is blowing my mind. The things we thought we knew instinctively about raising children? All wrong.

Watching: I have fallen off the TV bandwagon. I haven't kept up with the popular shows for a couple of seasons now, mainly because I just don't have the attention span for it. Keith and I regularly watch Archer now that it's back on, but that's really it. Eventually I figure I'll catch up with our old favorites like Big Bang, How I Met Your Mother, and Parks and Rec. Probably when I'm feeding the new baby around the clock.

Resolutions: I'm also still reading 52 Small Changes. This week is all about moving more in your everyday life, not necessarily at the gym. I'm not really doing either. I've hit that point in pregnancy where I am tired all. the. time. And it's difficult to move. I'm doing my best just keeping up with Emily, and I figure I'll work on the exercise part after this baby is born and I'm cleared for activity. As for the first two weeks (drink more water and get more sleep) I'm doing pretty well with both. I have off days with the water consumption, but overall I'm drinking more than I used to. And the sleep...well I'm doing the best I can, all things considered.

Parenting: I'm still not happy about the toddler bed. I don't think Emily was ready, but what's done is done and now we have to deal with it. I let her pick between sleeping in her bed or the Pack 'n' Play for naptime and she almost always picks the PnP. Fine by me, at least she's napping again! We don't give her the option at bedtime, and she's doing better in that she stays in bed when we leave and through the night, but she is definitely not sleeping as much as she used to. Instead of falling back asleep or playing quietly in the morning, she's up immediately and wants me to come get her. This results in at least an hour less of sleep for her per night, which is definitely contributing to her disposition throughout the day. This next kid can stay in the crib until she's 3 for all I care.

Looking forward to: Warmer weather. I know it's all people can talk about lately, but seriously. I'm not ready for Polar Vortex Round 2. The snow doesn't bother me (actually I love it), but it's way too cold for a toddler and therefore way too cold for me. So my goal this week is to brave the cold, bundle Em up, and get the eff out of this house. Before we both go crazy. So I'm really, really looking forward to warmer weather and all the things we can do outside of these 4 walls.



I'd love to hear what you are currently up to! Leave a comment below, or find me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment